- PayPal Giving Fund is overseen by an experienced Board of Directors which, on behalf of our donors and beneficiaries, is charged with governing our operations, monitoring our effectiveness, and establishing overall strategy. Among other responsibilities, the board meets regularly to oversee the organization's policies and practices which promote integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Sean Milliken (Chair)
- Sean Milliken founded MissionFish and served as its Executive Director until May, 2011. Under his leadership, the award-winning program has raised over $250 million for over 23,000 nonprofits in the US and UK since its launch in November, 2003. Today he helps eBay, Inc. properties empower their products and users to make a difference for nonprofits worldwide, as the company's Head of Nonprofit Strategy. Sean started MissionFish after working as Associate Vice President of Marketing & Development for Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta. He developed a passion for using entrepreneurial initiatives for social good while helping teens start successful businesses. He led a collaboration with the University of Southern California Entrepreneur Program that created the Center for Entrepreneurship at Manual Arts High School, a business incubator and micro-loan program for young people in South Central Los Angeles. Sean began his career at Communities In Schools, the nation's leading community-based organization devoted to helping young people succeed in school and prepare for life and has traveled the Southeast United States building houses for Habitat for Humanity. He frequently speaks at technology and nonprofit conferences about the importance of building nonprofit capacity, the power of the Internet in creating new forms of philanthropy, and the role of unrestricted funding in organizational effectiveness. Sean is a co-author featured in the book, Innovation and Technology Strategies and he serves on the Board of Trustees for MissionFish-UK. He received his BS in Communications from Virginia Tech.
- Bill Barmeier is Head of Investments for Omidyar Network, a philanthropic investment firm that invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic, social, and political change. Through its investments, Omidyar Network strives to enable people to discover their power to make a difference, improve their own lives, and make lasting contributions to their communities. Bill has diverse professional experience spanning management, investment, and legal positions. Prior to joining Omidyar Network, Bill served in several senior-level positions at eBay Inc. Most recently, he managed eBay's corporate social responsibility initiatives, a role in which he guided the strategy and expansion of the company's social ventures, philanthropic programs, and environmental activities. Previously, Bill led eBay's corporate development group, which was responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and executing the company's acquisitions, investments, and other strategic transactions worldwide. Prior to eBay, Bill was a partner at iGlobe Partners, an international venture capital firm, and held several senior management roles including senior vice president of operations at publicly-held payments company Verifone and chief administrative officer at a wireless data start-up. Bill began his career as a corporate lawyer at a large San Francisco-based law firm, where he became a partner and gained broad experience representing domestic and international companies. Bill earned an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business and a JD from Stanford Law School. He received his bachelor's degree Summa Cum Laude from Dartmouth College.
- Patrick Dupuis is responsible for PayPal’s global financial operations as PayPal's SVP and Chief Financial Officer. He is passionate about supporting the community through focused, meaningful and impactful initiatives. Currently he is a board member (and audit chair) of the PayPal Giving Fund (dba MissionFish), and executive sponsor for MicroPlace. Before joining PayPal, Dupuis was the global chief financial officer for Sitel, a major international call center outsourcing provider, where he oversaw the finance, tax and treasury functions, investor relations and real estate. Previously, he was vice president and CFO of BJC Healthcare, one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States. Dupuis also spent 20 years in a variety of senior leadership positions at GE including vice president and CFO for GE Healthcare, a $10 billion division; and vice president and general manager of GE Capital International Services, which became Genpact, an offshoring business process outsourcing company. He is a graduate of Ecole de Management de Lyon, France.
- Dan Ewing is an Associate Principal in McKinsey & Company ("McKinsey") and a member of its North American Payments Practice and Financial Services Practice. Dan joined McKinsey in 2004, and in addition to San Francisco, he has also worked in McKinsey's Shanghai, Taipei and Singapore offices. In this professional role, Dan has focused on serving financial services clients on growth strategy, merger integration planning and cost reduction. He has served retail banks, payments networks, eCommerce, and private equity clients. He has published articles on payments, including global remittances, emerging payment scenarios, and China's credit card market. Prior to joining McKinsey, Dan worked at A.T. Kearney's Global Business Policy Council and Chindex International, a health service company based in Beijing, and Bear Stearns. He earned an MBA from The Wharton School and an MA in International Studies (Economics and Chinese Studies) from Johns Hopkins SAIS.
- Amy Skeeters-Behrens is the Director of the Marketplaces Citizenship Team for eBay North America. Her past roles include managing eBay Giving Works, and managing marketing activities for MicroPlace.com, WorldofGood.com, and eBay Green Team. She previously served as the General Manager for half.com, a specialty site for books, movies, music and video games. Her prior professional experience also includes working as a manager on the HR strategy team at Cisco Systems and as an economics consultant at Cornerstone Research. Amy received her BA in Economics from the University of Oklahoma and her MBA from Stanford University and was a Fulbright Research Fellow in Spain.
- Joel Yarbrough joined Global Product & Experience in September 2009 where he worked in Product Strategy, Product Architecture, and Product Analytics. Joel co-chairs the cross-PayPal working group on Authentication. Immediately prior to joining PayPal, Joel held three roles at JPMorgan, including Client Service Strategy & Tools, Internet Strategy in Treasury & Securities Services, and Product Development in the Investment Bank. Before his work in formal banking, Joel led Financial Services consulting in the West for ZEFER / Niteo supporting clients like Wells Fargo, Cal Fed, and Schwab, was COO of an online learning startup ("ClickStudy"), and consulted in the US, Mexico, and Dubai for First Manhattan Consulting Group. Joel received a B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.