Email template: Promote an Auction Event
- Spread the word far and wide about your charity auction event! Customize the email below to promote items benefiting your organization.
Your email should include:
- The charity auction event’s name
- The event’s start and end dates
- The kinds of items available for bidding (with a few examples)
- What people will be supporting when they bid (your name and mission)
- How to bid
- The day your online auction event begins or while it is in progress so your supporters can begin bidding immediately.
- All of your supporters and anyone else who is connected to the event - corporate donors, their employees, and customers. Don't forget to ask them to forward the announcement to all of their friends too!
- You can use the email below as a guide, inserting your own information into the sample.
Sample Email template: Promote an Auction Event
- Subject: Find Something Fabulous At Our Online Auction Event!
- From [date] to [date], [Nonprofit Name] will be hosting a unique auction event on eBay. Items will include [List out your most exciting items: e.g. celebrity signatures, unique experiences]. All funds raised will support [your mission] - so snap up a great item and help us at the same time.
- Bid now at: [Link to your About My Nonprofit Page or your About Me Page]
- We appreciate your support!