Email template: Solicit for Virtual Yard Sale Donations
- Want your supporters to donate their unneeded treasures to be sold at your yard sale fundraiser? Customize the email below to encourage them to bring you their donations.
Your email should include:
- Types of items you are accepting
- Time & place where donors can drop-off items
- Information about how you will use the funds raised
- Send at least one month prior to having your charity auction event go live
- All of your supporters and corporate donors
Sample Email template: Solicit for Virtual Yard Sale Donations
- Subject: Organize Your Home and Help Raise Funds to Support [Nonprofit Name]!
- It's time for spring cleaning! Your unwanted items can help raise money for [Nonprofit Name]. We're hosting this year's yard sale on eBay to help us raise funds to [what you’re raising funds for]!
- It's easy to contribute. Just bring your items to the [place] [start and end dates]. You can donate just about anything- toys, antiques, collectibles books, CDs, DVDs, clothing, and more. A team of our volunteers will list the items on eBay and the yard sale will be held online from [start and end dates].
- You can also support [Nonprofit Name] by bidding on our items once the yard sale is live. Stay tuned for another email announcing that the start of the fundraising auction event.
- Start collecting items today.
- If you are interested in volunteering, please contact [name] at [phone number or email].