Donation delivery policy
All donations are made to PayPal Charitable Giving Fund and are then re-granted to the nonprofit organization indicated by the donor.
- While we make every effort to deliver the donation according to the donor's wishes, we retain exclusive legal control over all donations and reserve the right to redirect the donation to a similar charitable organization in the rare event that a nonprofit does not meet our criteria for receiving a donation.
- Reasons we might need to redirect a donation include:
- If an organization is no longer eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.
- If we can't deliver the funds to an organization, despite attempts to pay and contact them for 30 days.
- If an organization becomes ineligible to receive donations for other reasons, including noncompliance with our standards against promoting hate, violence, or intolerance.
- If we can't deliver a donation to the intended nonprofit, we will choose a similar charitable organization to receive it instead. Since the donation was made to PayPal Charitable Giving Fund, there will never be a problem with the seller's tax deduction.